The ‘Search for the Next GreenGo’, is a campaign run by the Ghana Climate Innovation Centre (GCIC) as part of the social media week accra. The search is for individuals who have innovative ideas or solutions that help mitigate and/or adapt to climate change in Ghana. GreenGos are therefore, the green heroes of the environment who are saving the environment by providing environmentally sustainable solutions and products.
How the winner will be chosen
- Out of the applications received, 20 people will be shortlisted and invited to GCIC for an open forum and further screening.
- 5 people will be further shortlisted from the open forum and invited for a 10-minute pitch session happening at Social Media Week Accra, in front of a live audience and a panel of judges. Winner will be chosen from the 5.
Winner gets to receive over $10,000 worth of incubation support from GCIC and access to potential investments for their business.
- One-page application of an idea/solution should be submitted to smwaccra.com.
- Climate change idea should fall within the following key areas- Climate Smart Agriculture, Solar Energy, Energy Efficiency, Domestic Waste Management and Water Purification and Management. Learn more on these sector areas at: ghanacic.org.
- Applicants should be willing to commit to the GCIC incubator program for 1-year and agree to the GCIC incubator terms and conditions.
|Applications Open||Tuesday, 28th August, 2018|
|Application deadline||Tuesday 4th September, 2018|
|Shortlisting and contacting of shortlisted candidates||Wednesday, 5th-Thursday, 6th September, 2018|
|GCIC Open forum||Friday, 7th September, 2018|
|GreenGo Live Pitch||Thursday, 13th September 2018|